10/20/2004

I think you may struggle to even make out a slither of the grey, glassy and somehow dead mass of water that is Osaka Bay. As a general rule I would suggest that there are too many fences. Pointless fences, protecting us from nothing in a desperate type of paranoia... directing us past, onward--don't go here.

The sea was surrounded by a wall over which I couldn't see. So I climbed the freeway bridge to get a peak. I did find a ferry terminal, but you had to buy a ticket to see the sea. Atleast it was a sign that salt water was somewhere nearby.

I did find a glorious map and accompanying plaque extoling the wonders of Osaka and it's rosy future (guaranteeded by "mushrooming highrise buildings"). I would show you the words that accompany the map but they were so sufficiently faded that they would be invisible after the series of digital manipulations between reality and the screen from which you are reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home